June 28, 2009 - 12:03 p.m. Parks, Forestry and Recreation
Parks will be open for casual use only. There will be no turf or grounds maintenance.
- All permits in parks, tennis courts, outdoor sports fields and civic squares.
- Wedding photography permits. No new permits will be issued
- In-person registration for recreation programs at community centres and civic centres will be cancelled. Registration through touch-tone automatic registration and the internet will continue
- All recreation programming, including camps, classes, drop-ins, clubs, school visits, walking tours and presentations
- All City programming in community schools.
Cancellations, Credits and Refunds
- Cancellations, credits and refunds cannot be processed until after services have resumed.
- Following the disruption, wherever possible, programs will be extended to make up for the lost time.
- Where applicable, refunds/credits will be pro-rated.
- The normal $10 administration fee will be waived for refund requests for programs impacted by the labour disruption for the month of July only. (This will be reviewed should the strike continue.)
- All City community centres and fitness centres
- All City-operated indoor/outdoor swimming pools and arenas
- All City golf courses
- Outdoor wading pools
- Some splash pads on timers may remain operational depending on maintenance and site conditions. All others will be closed
- All greenhouses and conservatories
- Glen Rouge Campground
- Riverdale Farm
- Public washrooms located in City parks
Open arenas and community centres
The following arenas and community centres operated and staffed by Boards of Management will not be affected:
- George Bell
- Larry Grossman Forest Hill Memorial Area
- McCormick Playground Arena
- Moss Park
- North Toronto Memorial
- Ted Reeve
- William H. Bolton
- Lakeshore Lions
- Weston Lions
Boards of Management operated-community centres
- 519 Church
- Applegrove Community Complex
- Cecil Street Community Centre
Central Eglinton Community Centre
- Community Centre 55
- Eastview Neighbourhood Community Centre
- Harbourfront Community Centre
- Ralph Thornton Community Centre
- Scadding Court Community Centre (pool closed)
- Swansea Town Hall
Urban Forestry Services
Urban Forestry Services will respond to emergencies involving City-owned trees that grow on the City road allowance and in natural areas that pose a public safety hazard. Call Access Toronto at416-338-0338.
Island Ferry Service
Toronto Island ferry service will be cancelled. Island residents will be advised of special transportation arrangements.